Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 405.... A new Chapter begins....

So I'm going to be frank.  I don't like my body at all.  Not one bit.  So I'm going to change that.  My life is a crazy mess right now and I feel like I've lost all control.  So here we go... I'm gaining control in something only I can control.  My goal is to be back to the size I was my Senior year of High School.  This is a picture from the fall after high school graduation.    

This is me now...

So here is the stats:
At 18 I was a size 14 
At 25 I am a size 20

At 18 I could climb stairs and not feel winded
At 25 I climb a flight of stairs and my heart is racing

At 18 I felt like I could do whatever I wanted 
At 25 I am super stressed about, money, marriage, life, and its all taking its toll...

Here's the plan
Every day I am going to get up and get moving.  I will spend 30 minutes doing some sort of activity that makes my heart race and makes me sweat.  Learn a new dance, climb up and down stairs, walk around the neighborhood, or do yoga for 30 minutes.  I will cut back on my calorie intake throughout the week and allow myself one day to eat whatever I want.  
So this is how it will work.  
Monday through Thursday I will take in no more than 2000 calories.  Friday will be my "whatever I want" day.  Saturday and Sunday will be no more than 2000 calories.  I will be cutting back on Dr Pepper as well saving that JUST for Fridays.  I will also drink at least 128 ounces of water per day.  That's twice the necessary amount required for a human being.  
I will also take 30 minutes out of my day to meditate.  To relax and clear the world from my mind.  Stress can lead to weight gain a list of problems you can have medically.  
Next I will try to go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up at a reasonable time consistently.  That is good for your sleep patterns.  

Lastly I will try to report back to you how I am doing.  On Monday I start this shenanigan and I will post pictures of the progress.  

My End Goal?
I want to be back to a size 14 by my birthday.  
I think that's a reasonable goal.  That's four months.  That's 1 and a half sizes to go down per month.  And then, if I reach my goal, for my birthday I will treat myself to a little shopping spree for some new threads!  

Here goes nothing...


2 comments:

  1. Oh Jordan, you're so amazing! I wish you good luck a bajillion times over!! If you ever need you vent or chat... well you know my number!

    I know you don't need input from a bunch of people, but I put the app MyFitnessPal on my phone and it was super helpful. It tracks all the calories you eat and burn. It was a little annoying to have to enter in all my recipies at first, but it really helped me see where my calories were coming from. My downfall was snacks...sang that sugary goodness!! Anyhow thought I'd pass it along in case it's anything you're interested in. Good luck again! And don't ever forget you're already beautiful...and always have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you had a blog but I'm so happy I found it.
    Ok may I just say that you are GORGEOUS. And I'm not just saying that. I really think you are and I hate that society places such high emphasis on being thin makes someone beautiful. It doesn't. BUT being healthy is a good thing. We're trying to do the same thing at our house these days and ITS HARD! I just love food too much. But its good. Sometimes its just hard to get in exercise especially when its cold outside so I have turned to some good youtube and pinterest workouts. They're short and convenient. Just an idea that helped me. I think its great! Good luck! Its hard but its good. Love you!

    ReplyDelete