Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 407... Or Day 1... Depending on how you look at it.

So today was the beginning of the changes I am making.  It started off with Breakfast.  My favorite meal that can really be enjoyed any time of the day.  I wanted hash browns and sausage.  So what should I do?  Just put it in the pan and hope that I'm not going overboard with the calories?!  That's when I remembered Emily told me she downloaded an app called MyFitnessPal.  I pulled it up on my phone, put in what I wanted to eat, and it gave me the proper portions.  I love this little app.  So while breakfast was cooking I put in what I was planning on having for lunch.  Fried chicken and rice.  I found all the components to my recipe and put them all together which gave me again the proper portions.  I love it!  That left me with almost 1000 calories for snacks and dinner.  When I got to work I found out what they were serving for dinner (because my company has a cool cafe and serves decent food for free).  Pork Chops with wild rice and sauteed green beans.  Uh... Hold the sauteed goodness please I am trying to stay away from butter and oils... and I had fried chicken for lunch.  So I had the pork and a few bites or rice but I wasn't starving.  Its nice to know that if I am watching my portions I don't have to cut everything that is good in the world out of my diet.  Like the saying says... Everything is good... In moderation.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, glad the app helped! Hope things are still going good! Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete