Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 410 or Day 4...

So I am four days into this calorie counting bonanza and let me tell you something.  I actually like knowing exactly what I am eating.  I'm portioning things out and really taking in exactly what I eat.  Like yesterday I measured out the correct portion of Jasmine rice I had and the Teriyaki sauce I used and the amount of chicken I needed.  Today was harder.  I ended up skipping breakfast because I was in a rush this morning to get out the door and to where I needed to be.  So I thought how awesome it was that those calories would roll over into lunch.  Then I made lunch and realized that some of the things i SERIOUSLY enjoy are not that good for my calorie bank.  Which ended up leaving dinner with 600 calories and me not so happy about it.  So what should I do you ask... Well in our Cafe at work I went and looked at what they had to offer... Deli meats and cheeses and dressings OH MY!  Or a BBQ Bar.  I went for the BBQ Pork (lets just say I only had two bites *barf*).  I then had my choice of two sides.  I ended up just getting corn because the other options were a smothered baked potato (YUM!) or 4 cheese mac n cheese.  I ate almost all the corn and then snarfed my "organic" sugar cookie... So I guess it wasn't a horrible day.  The thing I find interesting the most is that I am soda "Detoxing".  I went cold turkey Monday morning and it was hard.  I didn't get the cravings really bad until last night and especially today.  I discovered there is a link between me getting stressed out and the amount of soda I drink.  When I am stressed out and there is chaos that I cant control around me I drink soda.  It was my "fix".  I know I'm making it sound like its a drug but in some ways it was my personal drug.  I'm learning how to deal with cravings too.  I love cinnamon candy and Ive discovered that if I eat a few pieces of candy and really enjoy them, instead of just snarfing my way through a bag or box, I satisfy the craving without eating 500 extra calories that weren't necessary.  The other thing I am working on is making meals that are just enough for myself and Payne.  He is doing the same diet with me at home when I cook and its helping a lot.  He also has stopped drinking soda.  I'm really happy I have him on my team.  We both were unhealthy.  Next step is to get us moving.  We spent yesterday afternoon walking around Fashion Place Mall in Murray.  That was a lot of fun because it was just us.  Spending time together.  Being goofy.  We didn't have anywhere to be.  We didn't have any agendas.  We just were there in that moment.  Being best friends and holding hands and walking around talking about whatever was on our minds.  Those moments *ROCK*!  But anyways back to the being healthy business.  Tomorrow is cheat day.  I know not to go over board but I am looking forward to going to The Rice King.  We decided that was going to be my cheat.  WootWoot!  Chinese food!  

1 comment:

  1. I have an amazing book on pdf if you want!!! You know I'm here for you...if you have any questions or need motivation or someone to complain to....I'm here!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete